Advertising is dead. Marketing is a mirage. PR is the devil.
This is no longer a
world. It's a conversation. Thousands of conversations, all
happening in a hundred thousand places. Blah, blah, blipitty-blah.
We get it.
And while we know those hundred thousand places better than
most, more important, we know the goosebumps. Because in the end,
it's really not about the yelps and pokes and pins and 140
characters and if we list them all here, tomorrow, one will be
passé and another will get left out and we'll all look like fools.
It's about ideas.
So here, we say we're a fully integrated marketing
communications firm working with consumer brands to create ideas
worth talking about. That's it. No precious tactics or technologies
or written-in-stone dogmas to be followed blindly. Just unexpected
Ideas that can go here and here, or maybe here, and even there, and
what about that other place that nobody's even thought of yet?
Ideas that have a huge impact regardless of budget. Ideas that help
your brand find its unique voice and maybe even improve sales, go
figure. Ideas that get you talked about. A whole lot.
We are looking for an Account Executive
Duffy & Shanley, Inc. a fast-paced, premier integrated
marketing communications agency based in Providence, RI is looking
for an Account Executive in its public relations division, more
specifically on the consumer side of the business. Specific
- Handling media relations. Knows how to pitch and get "the
- Understanding social media and how to use various platforms for
- Day-to-day project management, taking an active role and
consistent role in program development and the creation of media
- Developing relationships with clients to accommodate and better
anticipate their needs; responding to their needs in a timely and
- Demonstrating a team player attitude by being flexible and
responsible; be a self-starter.
- Monitoring and keep abreast of industry news and trends; report
updates to supervisors and clients.
- Facilitating and coordinating various project elements;
prioritize and manage high volume of detail work.
- Working with a team to prepare media and pitch materials
including press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, media lists,
- Coordinating special events, activities for clients as
- Excellent writing skills.
- Confident, self-starter, willing to lead various projects in an
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required.
- Experience in consumer PR, with public affairs background a
- Knowledge of PR tools for tracking coverage, social results,
- Resourceful, diligent, and scrappy.
- Have a passion for public relations!
We are built on a team structure and are
looking for candidates that would fit well in a united
culture. Knowledge of other agency functions is a plus.